pin it buttons

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

In the works...


I finally got round to adding more detail to this canvas, its been looking at me for the past three weeks. I simply got to a point where I didn't know what to do next, sheer frustration I suppose?

The base took an incredible amount of time to make, a blend of textured and patterned paper strips {wallpaper, tickets, giftwrap, score sheets etc.} not forgetting waste trimmings from a recent stationery order. I like to reuse as much as I can. The rich colouring is a mix of pigment/dye inks, wax pastels and watered down acrylic put down in layers to create extra depth. Brought together in this way, it almost has the look and feel of a wood floor. Very pleasing but slightly odd.

The detail on top was completely freestyled with my sharpies, I just clicked out and kept drawing. The end result is something I didn't anticipate or expect. I like how the detail floats above yet binds with the background. I've tinted and embossed some of the details, to make it less flat but I still feel it needs more... more what though?

It might be another three weeks before I find out...

1 comment:

Bonzie Designs said...

hi there Tanya,
so great to meet a fellow Irish blogger and etsian!!!
Im loving your piece for the EST Journal, its awesome. :)

hope you have something nice planned for the day. x
bonzie