pin it buttons

Thursday, May 10, 2012

deconstructing the doodle....





So I found myself doodling at the kitchen counter last night - not my usual style at all, just lots and lots of angular stuff going on, lines, squares, triangles that sort of thing. I wasn't too happy with the finished result (I'm definitely more of a circle kinda girl) so i snipped it up into pieces and randomly stuck it together again to create a doodled collage. I must admit i hated it at first, but then it started to grow on me as these things do. It's a new style and technique for me (i really enjoyed the snipping part) so i wanted to make something from it rather than chuck it. So here's the finished result - a birthday card for my bro, i wonder will he like it? The little fingerprint chick was another surprise discovery - i just have too make more of those little fella's ;)

No comments: