pin it buttons

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

peekaboo : : self portrait on a plate!




What started out as a simple colourfast experiment on an old plate soon took shape, sprouted wings and actually became 'something' that i'm quite chuffed with! I used my trusty sharpies for this but I'm sure i should have used porcelain paint instead. Ah well, I'm not going to eat off it just glance at it from time to time. I might try my hand at creating one of those fancy shmancy plate walls i've been seeing all over pinterest. Which will mean lots more rummaging at car boots and thrift shops seeking out battered old plates for my project, the more retro the better. Sounds like fun to me! :)

1 comment:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

Haha brilliant! I think your sharpies made a better job. I always think porcelain paint looks a bit wishy washy. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Glad you are still getting wear out of your cuff. I use the paper circle garland you sent me for keeping the birds from flying in the door on the rare days when it's sunny enough to leave the back door open : )