pin it buttons

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

'77 Revival





I woke up to find the bluest sky this morning! The suns out and the birds are doing their thing. I rummaged around looking for something light and summery to wear and there languishing at the back of the wardrobe i found 'the skirt'.
The skirt was handmade by my Granny M for Gezza circa 1977 - a year before I made my grand appearance. It hasn't been worn in at least 20 years so out it came! There is something so special, and yip, kind of sacred about something thats floated gently through the years passing from one generation to the next. It still looks as fresh as a daisy!. In my minds eye I can see Granny M carefully stitching away {she was a wonderful dressmaker in her time} and my Mum, Geraldine, careless and free prancing around the garden in her new summer skirt.... i'll take good care of it Granny ♥

9 comments:

purplecat said...

I so love that your Granny made it for your Mum, and now you are wearing it, that is so cool!

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

That is a fab and beautiful skirt. Looks lovely and the design is very you with the pinky flowers with their little outline.
PS Save some blue sky for us....we booked our ferry and arrive late July!! Yeehaa!!

julietk said...

It must feel great to connect to your female ancestors in such a girly way and it is such an in look too. Juliet

sarah said...

love that last shot! great photography!

i just realised, we must be the same age!

Lynda said...

Good morning :) I am leaving you the watermelon award. Please pass on to 6 others. Oh, I also got your button yesterday :) Its beautiful, you really did an awesome job. Im so happy that I got to win, lol. I will post a blog about it soon. Have a good day

Lynda said...

Youre welcome :) im glad you like the award. thats a beautiful skirt your grandma made...it looks new! :)

Jules said...

oh, I love those tiered skirts... so amazing that you have one your grandma made AND gezza wore. Too cool.

Mise said...

That's a dainty and beautiful skirt. Well done to your creative Granny.

ImplausibleYarn said...

What a great skirt and a great story attached to it! Its the perfect skirt for say dancing in fields or conquering prairies. Adventures in a skirt.