pin it buttons

Monday, June 22, 2009

Black is back...


I'm not really a black and white kinda girl - but when a local customer from the farmers market recently requested a black and white button moon bloom I knew it would be a challenge. I tried it out and this is what I came up with - this bloom is called 'Mono' and it is sooo dramatic! Its about 3.5" diameter and the big white pearly button is roughly 2" so it really makes an impact when worn on white and other bright colours.

I'll definitely make another in this style but perhaps I'll add white stitching for contrast and some splashes of brilliant white on the lower petals...oooh maybe stripey like a zebra!

... so here's to customers who make you think outside the box! ;)*

10 comments:

sarah said...

i wanted to say how lovely your art work is that you are auctioning this friday!!!! it is really really cool, you should brag about it some more!

your black brooch is also really cool and i'm sure the customer was delighted!

Shirl said...

Ohhh I love the black and white! You are so talented!!

Lynda said...

I really really like that one! It is very dramatic :) You should definitely do a zebra one

BALLET NEWS said...

you have such lovely art here - thank you for sharing it - you have such talent !

Ravenhill said...

It can be fun to be challenged to make something you don't normally do! Well done!

Irene said...

I have left you a well deserved award on my blog.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Very beautiful.

Dennis and Brandy said...

I like the drama of black and white together, Its a very nice brooch pin.

KnockKnocking said...

Very cute, simple yet elegant.

xo Agnes

Em said...

Hello, just found you. What a great blog you have.
I love black, it's one of my favourite colours..Emma x